39 days to go!
# Hits
Hmmmm... my last entry was two months ago. In between, I was counting the number of hits I got per day. Today it has crossed the nine thousand mark; even without any entries for the past two months. It was just a little experiment I was doing...
Home & Decor
Our theme for the house is Mocha Ice Blended with Whipped Cream & Strawberry... Sounds confusing? Can you guess the colours of the house with that title? The walls were yellow when we first got back the keys from the tenant, and the marble floor grainy and dull. Got a friend to paint the whole house for us, gave him free rein and let his creativity do the talking. Now we've got freshly coated walls, with minimal use of paint, and no need for wall paper...! The floor... huh(!)... that was the toughest part. Marble flooring requires high maintenance! I must have scrubbed and washed it about ten times, from using floor cleaners to all sorts of things like marble wax and even using food items like vinegar (my maid taught me that!), yes, cuka secukup rasa untuk melazatkan lantai agar lebih berselera! Even borrowed a polishing machine! Those weekends sweating and breaking my back over the floor has finally paid off! At least now it has some shine...
The house was a little spooky when we first visited it, being empty and situated in an ulu place. Reminds me of those days when I was staying just across the street with all those supernatural encounters I had. What more, my dad the ghostbuster made a visit and put in his five cents worth. But with some touching up that we've done, it all feels cosier than ever.
We've been doing lots of shopping lately. Every weekend is a mad rush from one warehouse sale to another, from furniture marts to carpet warehouses, and I've come to realize that almost everybody sells exactly the same stuff, only at different prices! The same coffee table can cost up to a thousand bucks more at the high end shops...! And IKEA has become our third home for now, visiting her every weekend without fail.
Last week was a very exciting week coz we were receiving our electronic goods. Of course I couldn't wait for the most exciting of them all, jeng jeng jeng... what else but the sleek plasma now sitting handsomely against the wall! I so couldn't wait for it that I asked the contractors to drill it in on a Saturday afternoon even though it is against the law to do so (to drill after office hours in a private apartment). Now guys I don't mind if you buy me an XBox 360 to complement the TV. The lightings have been changed to warm lighting, we've got some table and tall lamps, some nice carpets, a big sofa at cheap cheap good good price. Hmmmmm, its all taking shape at a quick rate that we're doing the house so much that we've not even organised ourselves to settle the more important issue... our Wedding!!!
Okay here's a wish list for the house, we'll be extremely grateful should any of these be granted!
1. Ice/juice blender (to make fruit juices, shakes, ice kacang, etc!)
2. Coffee maker (to smell the beautiful aroma every morning, at tea time and in the evenings while I read my books and sip coffee!)
3. Microwave oven (to prepare instant food when you come over! Just kidding!)
4. Toaster
5. Not forgetting XBox! (so that the guys can do something productive in our free time!)
6. Rice cooker (so I can cook Japanese rice and make you guys sushi!)
7. Boiler/Thermoflask (so I can make Milo or teh so that F*d can dip the biscuit into a hot cuppa!)
8. Iron & ironing board (so that me & wife to be will look presentable when we entertain you at home!)
9. Pots, pans, ladle, etc (to make Pancakes On The Rocks for our Sunday breakfast!)
10.BBQ pit including scented candles and candle stands so that we can all have a romantic dinner out at the patio.
And everything else that I've left out that needs to be present in a house!
Wedding
It is only five and a half weeks away, omigosh! Its getting closer and yet many things are still outstanding. Done the kursus, done the ROMM interview, oh I haven't called the Tok Kadi, better call him soon. Need to do the guest list, send out the cards, make my suit, oh no! that's not done yet! buy hantaran stuff, sort out my honeymoon details, prepare dinner itinery, aiyoh need to meet so many people and I'm working this weekend, how? How?!!! Rehearse my akad nikah! Hehe, better not ah ih uh on the day itself, but I think I will. I'm a nervous wreck with a cool exterior... In six weeks I will be a married man... breathe in... breathe out. Yeah I bet some of you will bet whether I'll ah ih uh... we shall see, meantime Rizal, do some yoga, compose... relax... goodnight...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...
I live alone Dear Allah, stay by my side In all my daily needs, be thou my guide... Grant me good health, for that indeed I pray To carry on my work from day to day... Keep pure my mind, my thoughts, my every deed Let me be kind, unselfish in my neighbour's need... Spare me from fire, from flood, malicious tongues, From thieves, from fear and evil ones... If sickness or an accident befall, Then humbly Allah, I pray, hear thou my call... And when I am feeling low, Or in despair, Lift up my heart and help me in my prayer... I live alone, Dear Allah, yet have no fear, Because I feel your presence ever near...
Today's Quote
I've wed not whom I can live with. I did whom I can't live without.
Sydney Visitors Album
Sri
Fauzi's Family
Fadhli, Shamyn, Farid, Sri, Hashim, Yana, July & Ela
Musafir Di Aidilfitri
Trips
e-Kayu Corner
Friends
Red
rAin
Feez
Jules
Imam
Suhaila
Maslina
Kak Mas
Teresa & JK
Dr Haxmanz
My Friendster
Mostamia Akkouh
Companies
Recommended Readings
Archives
March 2004
April 2004
May 2004
June 2004
July 2004
August 2004
September 2004
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
March 2006
April 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008