Chinese New Year
Haven't had the time to update my blog. Still adjusting myself to the long working hours. Celebrated my birthday last week, just a low key affair, dinner with my loved one. Had a surprise at the office the next day - it was abt six pm (dats normally the time we have dinner before resuming work) and I said to a colleague that I was hungry. 2 minutes later two of my other colleagues came into the room with an Oreo cheesecake, which they had bought earlier. And they all sang me a b'day song... orrrrr stho sthweet!!! Have not blown candles in many years, the last one I believe was on my 21st. Took me a few breaths to blow 'em out. I was told later it should be taken in one deep breath, well at least I learnt sumthin new on my birthday.
I'm really enjoying work at the moment. My colleagues are such great fun we sometimes get carried away with our chit-chatting. Unfortunately I will be assigned to my next job the week after next. It was this very nature of the profession that made me do audit, the ever changing environment that brings about exposure to different learning opportunities. That keeps away the monotony of work. I was told my next team are nice people too... looking forward to a new environment, even though I haven't had enuff of my current work yet!
Anyway, tried to be a little adventurous today. Walked around Desker Road about midnight with my sweetheart, no not looking for bapoks, although we saw quite a few he-shes, but in search of good food. Found an 'Usman Restaurant' (if I remember correctly) by the roadside. We were bored of prata so we looked for nothern indian food instead and the discovery was not disappointing. The plain and garlic nan, the pepper chicken and keema was excellent. And the teh tarik was perfect - the right combination of tea and milk, not too sweet, not too tasteless, just perfect. And to top it all up, the owner was extremely friendly, recognizing us as first time customers, he made sure everything was in order - very personal indeed! Will definitely come back next time. This is one of the best coffeeshops I've ever been to.
And to end the day.... or rather morning... drumroll.... I went to Mustafa Centre and bought my Mommy Nike speed ropes! For her to do her skipping!! Yeah my mum's into an exercise fad lately. She's been jogging around the house for ages (within the house I mean!!!!) - from her room around the dining table into my dad's study to the hall back into her room, round and round till she sweats and pants - it is about time she gets an upgrade to a more intense exercise!!!! Go Mommy Go!!!
Check out the KL pics - Wakatepe Out!!!
I live alone Dear Allah, stay by my side In all my daily needs, be thou my guide... Grant me good health, for that indeed I pray To carry on my work from day to day... Keep pure my mind, my thoughts, my every deed Let me be kind, unselfish in my neighbour's need... Spare me from fire, from flood, malicious tongues, From thieves, from fear and evil ones... If sickness or an accident befall, Then humbly Allah, I pray, hear thou my call... And when I am feeling low, Or in despair, Lift up my heart and help me in my prayer... I live alone, Dear Allah, yet have no fear, Because I feel your presence ever near...
Today's Quote
I've wed not whom I can live with. I did whom I can't live without.
Sydney Visitors Album
Sri
Fauzi's Family
Fadhli, Shamyn, Farid, Sri, Hashim, Yana, July & Ela
Musafir Di Aidilfitri
Trips
e-Kayu Corner
Friends
Red
rAin
Feez
Jules
Imam
Suhaila
Maslina
Kak Mas
Teresa & JK
Dr Haxmanz
My Friendster
Mostamia Akkouh
Companies
Recommended Readings
Archives
March 2004
April 2004
May 2004
June 2004
July 2004
August 2004
September 2004
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
March 2006
April 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008