Google
<$BlogRSDURL$>
sRiZ.com

Thursday, May 06, 2004
 

UPDATE

Just came back from Sydney with 'Big Boboy Poji Who Is Now Slim' and Sanjay. Somehow the fresh air in Wollongong makes me think and act healthy when it comes to dietary consumption. More specifically rather, I have been refraining myself from coffee and oily food eversince arriving here this year. I have managed to resist the temptations of International Roast and Jarrah that Kak Long puts in the kitchen cabinet. It is amazing this willpower that I have, for now at least, considering that last year I really depended on coffee, what more with the stress of Uni and winter... oooohhhhhh, coffee never tastes better.

Anyway, going to Sydney once a month or so is the day all hell breaks loose. We had dinner at 'Laksa House' @ Queen Victoria Building. I had rice with beef rendang, chicken satay and sambal sotong. Yes it was delicious and yummy, and extremely filling. Yes we were bloated, but most importantly, we received our much needed intake of oily food, typical of Malay cooking. Now my stomach lining is all soaked in oil, even Dettol can't remove it...

The thing I look forward most to when going to Sydney is nothing but a cup of coffee. Need to satisfy my cravings for Caffeine. And no where better than fav hangout for the moment - Starbucks Hyde Park. Guzzled down a Grande latte with Extra SHOT... mmmmmmmm... such a reward... the pleasant aroma of coffee beans thru my nostrils, and the taste of strong coffee down my throat... mmmmmmm... simply heavenly...

Two nights back, me and Zee were at Woolworth's (the equivalent of NTUC FairPrice) doing our grocery shopping, when my trolley sort of bumped into someone else's. What happened next, I thought, was such an unusual sight. The man suddenly asked where we were from. I said Singapore and he asked if we could speak Mandarin. I said no but I can speak Malay. Then this white ang moh guy smartly dressed in a suit complete with tie started speaking Malay loudly. He was so animated (I think he was overjoyed to be able to use his Malay speaking skills in an Australia supermarket) it was hilarious. We chatted for a good ten minutes, me listening to his baku accent while he practiced his spoken Malay. He said he was a professor (he sure did look like one) and that he worked in Indonesia and KL for several years. So that was a funny moment to an otherwise monotonous lifestyle here.

Another incident to remember happened about two days before that. As usual, the three of us were out again. This time we were on our way home from what I know is the biggest shopping centre in the area. Yes it's huge. There's Coles, BigW, KMart, Woolworth's - 4 market players all on the same floor plus hundreds more shop... Anyway, we were driving home when we were stopped by a police patrol car. The three lady officers noticed that my 2-door red coupe had a broken side view mirror, and turned out that it was against the law not to have it fixed. As usual the officers asked for our drivers license. What was funny was that I think they couldn't find my name (the car registration) in their system. I think they were trying like Mohamed and Rizal and Mohckeram, etc. After a few minutes, the officer came back to the car and asked which is my family name. I said I don't have any. Pointed to her my name and my dad's name and since I don't have a family name and it is a requirement to register a family name, I simply can't remember which name I used as my family name, get it? So she said that was a new revelation for her. We learn something new everyday don't we. We were nervous not coz of the broken mirror, but more so coz I have moved since last November but I only informed the relevant authorities two days ago. Would have been in trouble had there been any outstanding fines, but thankfully not.

So that's the update of my life here...

Wait, one more thing. This might be relevant to some, though not important. Was at Sydney's Centrepoint just now, a busy shopping area with lots of buskers, working people, etc when we came across LINCRAFT. It was the name attached to one of the entrances to Centrepoint and AMP Tower. Even took a picture of it. Just some info for those who know what I'm talking about.



Alritey, gotta chat with Su Way now... adios!!!
 

Posted by Wakatepebabun Kukuye

I live alone Dear Allah, stay by my side In all my daily needs, be thou my guide... Grant me good health, for that indeed I pray To carry on my work from day to day... Keep pure my mind, my thoughts, my every deed Let me be kind, unselfish in my neighbour's need... Spare me from fire, from flood, malicious tongues, From thieves, from fear and evil ones... If sickness or an accident befall, Then humbly Allah, I pray, hear thou my call... And when I am feeling low, Or in despair, Lift up my heart and help me in my prayer... I live alone, Dear Allah, yet have no fear, Because I feel your presence ever near...

Today's Quote

I've wed not whom I can live with. I did whom I can't live without.

Sydney Visitors Album

Sri
Fauzi's Family
Fadhli, Shamyn, Farid, Sri, Hashim, Yana, July & Ela

Musafir Di Aidilfitri

Pictures

Trips

KL 2004

e-Kayu Corner



Friends

Red
rAin
Feez
Jules
Imam
Suhaila
Maslina
Kak Mas
Teresa & JK
Dr Haxmanz
My Friendster
Mostamia Akkouh

Companies



Recommended Readings









Locations of visitors to this page
Free Hit Counters
Pheonix University

Archives

March 2004
April 2004
May 2004
June 2004
July 2004
August 2004
September 2004
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
March 2006
April 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008